Visit the YKK Americas Group Website for more product information
We understand the importance of protecting the personal information of our customers. We are constantly looking for new and better ways to secure your personal information and to ensure that it is used in a responsible and respectful manner.
YKK Corporation of America
2300 Windy Ridge Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339
How and When We Collect Your Information
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, including our business partners.
We will never sell your data.
Type of Information We Collect About You
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or non-personal statistical or aggregated information, such as gender, age, language. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your operating system, platform/device, and browser.
- Non-personal details about your website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page.
There are different kinds of cookies that may be used:
- Essential cookies are needed to enable our customers to access all of the features on our Website.
- Non-essential, non-intrusive cookies are cookies not required for the Website to work, but can be used to enhance the performance of the Website or provide anonymous, useful information to YKK Canada Inc. (such as Website statistics).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are used by third-party services we may use on our Website, such as YouTube or advertising services. We have no control or access over these cookies.
In addition, cookies can be either session or permanent. YKK Canada Inc. uses both session cookies and permanent cookies when you visit our Website.
Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to our Website and are removed when you leave the Website. They help us track the sections of the Website that you use to allow us to make improvements in keeping with observed user preferences.
Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive until you remove them through your browser’s Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store user preferences such as preferred language and thus eliminate you having to make the same entries on each visit.
How We Use Personal Information
We use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your personal information, to:
- provide our services that you request from us;
- present our Website and its contents to you;
- fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected;
- improve our services, Website, marketing or customer relationships and experiences;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- stay in touch with you or answer any customer inquiries you may have;
- any other way we describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- to third party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our services, Website and provide other operational or technical support to our business;
- in the course of, or in contemplation of, any direct or indirect reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, restructurings, liquidation or dissolution (including bankruptcy) and sales of all or substantially all of our assets;
- to our subsidiaries or affiliates only if necessary for business, administrative or operational purposes;
- to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety;
- to any other third party we disclose when you provide the information or with your consent.
We reserve the right to use, transfer and share aggregated, anonymous data, which does not include any personal information about our customers for any legal, statistical, administrative, or other business purposes, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients, and customers.
Transfers Outside of Canada
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law, including the United States and Japan. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of those countries may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
We also provide an opportunity for any customer to unsubscribe from our e-newsletter or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes or other purposes on an ongoing basis by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails, or e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
YKK Canada Inc. will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected without your explicit consent or as required by law.
Personal information will be deleted or otherwise rendered anonymous when it is no longer required for a legitimate purpose.
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
Individual Access, Correction & Portability
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You have a right to access and to correct your personal information held by YKK Canada Inc. You may also have the right to ask to have your personal information exported in a machine-readable format. To make such requests, if applicable, please contact us at (770) 261-6120 or email@example.com. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website and we do not warrant or represent in any manner that your personal information will be protected against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration by third parties. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Children Under the Age of 14
Our Website and services are not intended for children under 14 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. If you are under 14, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 14, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.